About the WEA
The Workers Educational Association started in 1903 to provide access to learning for working people when
We aim to provide friendly, informal and enjoyable courses with expert tutors. There is no need to have prior knowledge of the course subject nor do you need to have any academic qualifications. In fact, most people come
See our programme
Our branch is run are run by a local committee of volunteers, listed below. The committee decides on the annual programme, sorts out venues and helps to ensure that courses run smoothly for tutors and members.
- the Norwich Branch brochures can be found in the carousels provided by Creative Arts East at various locations around the city – including the Forum, Assembly House and other arts venues
- the annual County brochures for the whole of Norfolk – including Norwich – are also in the carousels from July
- brochures are also available at The King’s Centre in King Street
- you can call Annette on 01603 629557 if you require a posted copy.
Half Term Break
There are no WEA classes during school half terms. In ten-week courses, the break will be after your fifth session.
Committee for the Norwich Branch
|Deputy Chair||Robin Purnell|
|Deputy Sec||Diana Bulman|
|Course Sec||Jane Harris|
|Day School Sec||Annette Conn|
Become a WEA Tutor
- Phone: 01223 417320
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org